Rebuilding Trust in Banks: the role of Leadership
18 January 2018, 17h30 - 21h30, Brussels
18 Jan 2018
17h30 - 21h30
Price (excl. VAT):
- This is a free-of-charge event
VenueNational Bank - Auditorium
RegisterClick here to register
Rebuilding Trust in Banks:
the role of Leadership
About the theme
10 years after the banking crisis... a good time to reflect and to explore what has changed in the banking world. Are things done differently? Has the role of banks changed in our society? This event will focus on leadership issues within our banks and particularly leadership relating to human dynamics. We will discuss the lessons our banking sector has learnt and implemented to ensure responsible leadership. We will explore how the role of banks in society has changed and what best practices are being implemented to install a responsible organisational culture.
The panel debate will focus on 5 themes
1. Economic and social added value of the banking sector (video introduction by Mrs Muriel Van Gompel, Director Retail Banking Triodos Bank ).
2. Dealing with clients/consumers (video introduction by Mr Michiel Lescrauwaet, Capitant).
3. How to cope with staff members?
4. How to deal with the ideas of the inclusive society?
5. Future leadership in the banking sector (video introduction by Karel Van Eetvelt, CEO Febelfin)
17h30: Opening doors and registration
18h00: Welcome by Mr. Jean Hilgers - Executive Director NBB / President BFF
18h10: Keynote speach by Professor dr. Rudi Vander Vennet - Professor of Finance and the Banking Sector UGhent
“10 Years after the crisis: lessons learnt – lessons not learnt”
18h40: Panel debate “Rebuilding Trust in Banks: the role of Leadership” followed by Q&A
Marc Raisière - Vice-president Febelfin / CEO Belfius
Max Jadot - CEO BNP Paribas Fortis
Jan Cerfontaine - Chairman Argenta
Tom Dechaene - Director National Bank of Belgium
Jean-Paul Servais - Chairman FSMA
Bart De Bondt - Managing Director YouthStart / ex. CEO ING Insurance
20h00: Closing by Bart De Smet - CEO Ageas / Chairman LEAD-IN
20h10: Network reception
The presentation and the paneldiscussion will be in English.
In collaboration with:
Registration via The Financial Forum