Sharing Chinese & Western Leadership insights
22 May 2017, 18h30 - 22h00, Antwerp
22 May 2017
18h30 - 22h00
Price (excl. VAT):
€ 50: Members of LEAD-IN and members of FCCC and AMS
€ 100: Non-members
Cancellation free of charge until 15/05/2017
VenuePort House Antwerp / Havenhuis
Zaha Hadidplein 1
RegisterClick here to register
LEAD-IN and the Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce are delighted to invite you to their joint conference which explores Western and Chinese models of business leadership with an expert panel of business leaders and academics.
Different cultures can have radically different leadership styles and it is important for international organisations to understand them. As European business continues to expand into China and Chinese companies establish operations around Europe, employers need to integrate both Chinese and European perspectives into their leadership models.
Understanding the inherent differences between Chinese and European leadership styles is essential for successful talent management programs. Our conference will give you a clear understanding of the similarities and differences between Chinese and European leadership styles and how to apply them to your company.
We will explore
• What are the similarities and differences in leadership models in business?
• How do Chinese/European companies innovate, deal with human capital and strategy?
• What is the leadership impact of Chinese corporate leadership on long term future planning, innovation, human relationships, strategic planning, M&A and value creation?
• How should Western executives adapt to leading in a Chinese company?
• What are the main leadership challenges for Chinese companies coming into Europe?
• How do you become an inspirational leader in a Chinese/European business venture?
• Where do Western and Chinese leadership models converge?
- Bo Ji, Chief Representative for Europe and Assistant Dean for of China's top business school, Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
- Bo Ji
- Charlene Wu, Chairman Anbang Belgium
- Dirk Coorevits, Managing Director SOUDAL
- Philip Eyskens, Senior VP Legal, IT and M&A Bekaert
- Dora Munteanu, Director International Business & Euro-China Knowledge Community Antwerp Management School
19h00: Welcome by Jacques Vandermeiren, CEO Port of Antwerp
19h05: Introduction on Chinese & Western leadership models by Bo Ji
19h25: Panel debate
20h25: Closing by Bart De Smet, Chairman LEAD-IN, Vice-Chairman FCCC
20h30: Cocktail reception
Port House Antwerp / Havenhuis
Zaha Hadidplein 1
In cooperation with